The historic Wolleson Vineyards, located at the prime junction of Larkmead Lane and Highway 29, is being offered for the first time in over a century. This rare offering with winery potential and spectacular views across the valley floor to Mt. St. Helena and the Vaca Mountains, has become a cornerstone business etched into Calistoga’s storied past. Its Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and Merlot grapes have been distributed to some of the finest wineries in Napa Valley, including Chateau Montelena, La Sirena and Orin Swift. The original 20-acre property was leased by Martin Wolleson in the late 1800s and early records show that he purchased it around 1903. When Martin began farming the property, there was nothing planted there but prune and walnut trees. But Mr. Wolleson had different plans, and in 1900 he planted the property’s first Zinfandel vines. Martin raised his children in the home on his property and they attended school next door at the Tucker Schoolhouse which was Calistoga’s school from the late 1800s to the early 1920s. When the new school was built in town, the building and the 1-acre schoolhouse parcel went up for auction and Martin’s son, Martin, purchased it for around $660. He converted the school into a 3-bedroom home for his family, which is still on the property today. After WWII, the County wanted to widen the road, so it purchased, through eminent domain, the original Wolleson home and 3 acres of Zinfandel vines. This left the Wolleson family with the 18-acre ranch which remains today. Charlie Wolleson, grandson of Martin, still farms the 16-acre vineyard using the same tractor his father was using when he retired 50 years ago. Five generations of Wollesons have lived, worked and played on this legacy property which is now ready to enter its next and new place in Calistoga history.